Friday, September 26, 2014

Artfully Sent Card with a Color Dare

Yippee! I received my new Artfully Sent Cricut cartridge this past week and couldn't wait to try it out! Here is the first card I made. Well, it's actually a sleeve that I turned into a card!


First I cut out the butterfly sleeve. I also cut a piece of white CS to fit inside the sleeve because I wanted to use markers to color the butterfly images. I lightly traced the butterflies onto the white cs and then used the markers. I glued the white cs to the inside front of the sleeve. Instead of using the flap to finish the sleeve, I cut a piece of cs to cover the the butterfly side to give a nice finished look. Now you end up with a sleeve turned into a card!


This shows the inside right of the card. I used butterflies from the cutting process to decorate the inside of the card. The are just too cute to waste!

-Artfully Sent Cricut cartridge
-Just to Say (part of the Artfully Sent collection)
-Shinhan Markers: Tender Pink, Leaf Green, Marigold, Warm Gray
-CS: Juniper, White Daisy
-Ink: Juniper
-Black Epoxy Bubbles
-Bitty Sparkles

Shop any time...day or night!

The colors for Color Dare #112 are: Cotton Candy, Juniper, Pear and Sorbet. Come join us! 


Have a great day!
Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Very fun card! Love how you added the Clear Sparkles here and there and the black epoxy bubbles on the butterfly heads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to use the sleeve, Michelle! You really made those butterflies pop! Thanks for sharing on the Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...