Friday, August 21, 2015

Color Dare #156 ~ Goldrush, Hollyhock & Kraft + Colonial White

It's Friday and that means a new Color My Heart color dare! This week the colors are Hollyhock and Goldrush paired with Kraft and Colonial White. So I got to work and here is what I created!

I stamped a little garden of flowers in 1st and 2nd generation inks. Then I layered in on some Kraft cardstock layers with Paper Fundamental paper in between. I couldn't decide if I liked the Hollyhock or Goldrush Fundaments better than the other....so I used them both! I split the layer and used each color on half of that layer. You can see I used the tone on tone side with the glossy pattern. The other side has the same pattern but with white. 

I also used the Triangle Border Punch and backed it with Coral Shimmer Trim. Next was some sequins from the retiring Coral Reef pack and Bitty Sparkles. Viola! It was done!



All products are Close To My Heart: (click for image)
--Stamps: Shower Flowers, Just To Say (Artfully Sent Collection)
--Cardstock: Colonial White, Kraft
--Paper Fundamentals: Enchantment, Adventure
--Ink: Hollyhock, Goldrush, Desert Sand
--Punch: Triangle Border Punch
--Embellishments: Coral Shimmer Trim, Coral Reef Sequins (R), Bitty Sparkles

(R) = retiring Aug 31, 2015

Don't forget to check the Retiring Items and While Supplies Last sections, too!

Now it's your turn to create something to share! If you don't have the exact colors use something close. This color dare will be open until Thursday at 9:00pm CDT. 
Details on how to join the color dare are in the sidebar of the Color My Heart home page. Don't forget to check out what the other design team members have shared!



Michelle

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love how you placed all the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Michelle! I love how you made the background panel to the pretty flowers in two different colors of Paper Fundamentals. Very clever and eye-catching! thanks for the inspiration.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Michelle! I love how you made the background panel to the pretty flowers in two different colors of Paper Fundamentals. Very clever and eye-catching! thanks for the inspiration.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card Michelle. I like the two different Paper Fundamentals used together as a single panel and the shimmer trim behind the punched triangles.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...