Friday, April 15, 2016

CTMH Technique Blog Hop: Resisting Can beFun!

Welcome to the April Technique Blog Hop! This month we're featuring a technique called RESISTING. There are many ways to do this and I chose one with embossing.

If you have arrived from Belinda McLane's blog you're on the right track. Just keep clicking on the links to continue along on the hop! Here we go.....

First I white embossed the butterflies on white cardstock. The next step is to apply ink all over the embossed image. I did that in 3 different colors. As you rub the sponge dauber over the image you'll see the embossed image resists the ink and all the areas not embossed take on the ink. It's that simple!





All products are Close To My Heart:
--Your Beautiful Self stamp set
--Zoe paper pack
--Cardstock: White Daisy, Glacier, Lagoon, Peacock
--Ink: Glacier, Lagoon, Peacock
--Embossing: Versamark pad, White Powder, Heat Tool

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Now it's time to hop over to Tonya Whitehurst's blog for more inspiration with the resist technique! 

Thanks for hopping by!
Michelle

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely card! I love your butterflies :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card. I love the butterflies and the watercolor do background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! I love the three different combinations with the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card, Michelle! Great color combinations and fun technique. Thanks for inspiring me today!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...